Sunday, January 9, 2011

On the Road again

     My first trip of the year will be to Mojave, California.  I was supposed to be going back to Belgium to conduct some training, but I'll take being somewhat close to home. The one part of the trip that I'm most looking forward to is going to a place called "Little Gourmet'" located in El Segundo.  They have the best Italian food.  Even though I only go there once or twice a year, the owner(Jose) remembers me and my favorite dish...the spaghetti and meatballs...what a way to feel at home in a place far from home. 
     Outside of the creature comforts, I am also looking forward to seeing my friend Jesus again.  It's only been a few months since I last saw Jesus, but he cracks me up and is quite a lively fellow.  He looks like Danny DeVito, which probably cracks me up the most.  We spent a little time in Liege working on a project and it was one of the best times I've had while out and about.
     I hope to remain enthusiastic about this job throughout the year.  I am very blessed to have a job and also very blessed to have places to go that treat me like family when I am away from my own.  I look forward to seeing Jose and his wife as they greet all their patrons with big smiles and good words. 
          So, I will start out with a PMA and see where it takes me from there.  Wish me luck.

1 comment: